Monday, October 12, 2009

I have keys!

Hello hello all, I have all of my keys, after a very stressful couple hours of attempted installation :) And I know, I've been a very bad blogger, so I am now back to do penance.

Since we last talked I've done some really really cool stuff. We spent SO MANY HOURS going through the imperial apartments of the Hoffburg. You think it'd be nice to have a big house, until you try to look for your shoes in it. So we look at their dishes collection which was prwas cooletty nice. They had some cool stuff, did you know they had special chamber pots for women? And they had special sets of plates made for different things, like hunting lodges and boats. Some of them (my favorites) had a different picture on each one. My favorite was the Greek Myth set, of course. Then we went through the Sisi Museum, which was cool. She was the wife of Franz Joseph, very important Emperor. And she's kind of a cult thing now: beautiful, head strong, sensational, kinda weird. If I can't find a sound of music thing, Morgan may end up with something from her, they are very similar (She had ankle length hair too). It was here in the Sisi museum that we lost poor Kelly, she was stuck between two tour groups. But, she pushed through and met us on our way to the treasury. We were all way too tired to do much there, and we have free passes to go whenever we want, so we'll head back later, but there was a giant aquamarine that I took a picture of :).

And then I went to the naschmarkt, which is like the swap meet, but better. And there I got a junky jacket for 3 euro, and some old German books (including robin hood), it was pretty awesome. It's a really cool really cheap flea market, and they have librettos and books and figurines and baskets and food and everything! And i even haggled, so proud.






Professor Korll took us to Stephansdom again, so Kelly and I decided to stay and take our pictures and such, its so beautiful. The first one is a chandelier and the organ, we're going to go to mass there soon, so I'll let you know how that goes. And then the outside is amazing, it was the tallest structure in Europe when it was built. And its built int eh Gothic style so it is supposed to look weightless and it totally does, the pictures don't do it justice. 

And then we have this tree whose name i don't remember, it is very small and shrively. But when blacksmiths would leave Vienna to go and try to get jobs elsewhere, they would pound a nail into it (filled with nails this tree is) for good luck. And thats Stephansdom in the reflection.

Well, theres a bunch of other thigns, but if i try to load more pictures blogger will get mad and I shall have a hard time moving them around, also it is twelve thirty and I am very tired.  Guten Nacht!

3 comments:

Marnae and Clint Carter said...

you know, I've been looking at your old blog for the last couple of weeks thinking.. what happened to your blog? I even wrote you a comment asking what happened to the rest of it. Brittany just told me you had a new address, good to know :)

N.B. said...

Thank you for finally telling me you have a new blog address. Like Marnae I too was thinking why doesn't she keep us informed.

Kristian said...

I know...I am a terribly irresponsible blogger :P