Monday, October 26, 2009

Schladming part 1



Hello hello, I have finally arrived back in civilization! And internet, and warm food and trains that come every 5 minutes. We are, clearly, thrilled. Though, Schladming and the surrounding areas were absolutely gorgeous. This is me, and some of the little town in the Steiermark (Styria) I may be spelling these things wrong, but anyway, that we stayed.  Actually we planned to stay in Schladming but our hotel, bed and breakfast thing ended up being in or much closer to Haus. Not sure how that happened, but it was a great little place, just a little more of a commute than we planned. Thanks to our Vortiles cards (which cost exactly 19 euro, no idea why) it was less than a dollar to get from city to city. And they cut our train tickets for the big trips about  in half, so if you can get them I really suggest it.

 
We decided it would be fun to go see the glacier, because glaciers are cool and I’d never seen one. We took a bus up the mountain a very long way. Kelly and Megan were thrilled. I wanted to stop and sit by the stream. This entire lack of water is very unsettling. And then we got to the top of that, and took a gondola up the rest of the mountain to the glacier. And it was so high and so scary but also, really awesome.


 
We decided it would be fun to go see the glacier, because glaciers are cool and I’d never seen one. We took a bus up the mountain a very long way. Kelly and Megan were thrilled. I wanted to stop and sit by the stream. This entire lack of water is very unsettling. And then we got to the top of that, and took a gondola up the rest of the mountain to the glacier. And it was so high and so scary but also, really awesome.  




We decided that we’d go and see the Ice palace, sorry, no skating. But, even though it wasn’t as impressive as we thought it would be, it was still pretty fun. This is me and Scrat, they had all the ice age characters, but even though it was really cold in there some of them were having a hard time staying together.
 And then a picture of me and Diego, he's my favorite.   






1 comment:

Connie Barnum said...

Wow, what beautiful scenery. You are very blessed!