Friday, September 11, 2009

Cool Pretty things :)

We went and got ourselves registered with the Viennese government today, so they know we're here.  And then when we leave we'll have to unregister so they know we've left funny huh?  But this was in the courtyard, cute I think :)  Random statue that is probably a guy and little but.  Somebody hit Caleb for me :). 
This is a very pretty thing that we saw this morning.  I don't know what it is, but i'm going to ask Professor Holmes.  Update:  its of the marriage of Joseph and Mary.  The net is there to protect it from pigeon poop.  I liked the lighting :)

This is St. Stephens.  Beautiful, awesome, wow.  I'll go back and get some better pictures later.  My camera was fixing to die but definitely i'll be back.  Its so tall!  The taller tower is 137 meters.  I'm thinking its like 1 and a third football fields.  Its made out of limestone/sandstone or something.  It was really soft.  Like it feels soft, very organic. It is really soft so it gets dirty and polluted a lot and they're always cleaning it. It took 800 years to build and the glass is spectacular.  Its mostly pastel, because they decided they wanted light in it. 
I'm super tired, now we're hanging out in my professors apartment.  I'm too tired to tour :)  Also, I ate ketchup and mayo today, you should be proud. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the way to Austria for Ketchup and Mayo? Anything you want us to send with the keyboard?

Mom said...

It looks wonderful! I'll punch Caleb for you when he gets home from robotics. He'll be happy!

Kristian said...

I know, poor me. But it would have been rude not to eat it you know? Sigh. it wasn't that bad :) I need a little bit of electrical tape (my chord is splitting , but just on the outside, the wires are fine), and some scotch tape and a couple colored pencils if you have room (i neglected to bring scripture pencils) thanks!

hehe, poor caleb.

I love you! :) (tell ben to get back up and talk to me if you see this soon :)

lilia said...

such pretty things. what fun! Nalia says hi!

Kristian said...

aww, thank you! Hi Nalia!